Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rambling

I never really say anything on here, just post my bargains and recipes...but that's not why I wanted to blog. I love reading blogs. It's looking into to someone else's life with permission. You know that saying, "if I could be a fly on the wall"? Well, I'm THAT fly people.

There are a few blogs that I read religiously everyday like Money Saving Mom, Freebies 4 Mom, A Year of Crockpotting...all for very obvious reasons, but the ones I really love are just people sharing their life. And I think of things to blog about everyday but my life rears it's ugly little head and then there is always something else that needs to be done.

Take this week for example. We have houseguests...3-5 depending on who's there at what time of the day. Our friends are moving to another state (about 3 hours away) and they have sold their house here but do not close on the new one until July 3rd so we offered them a place to stay during the transition. Normally, it's just the 3 of us so it has taken a little getting used to having double the people in the house. But these are our closest friends and we wouldn't have it any other way. Now my fridge, freezer and cupboards feel a bit differently since they are taking a real beating at this moment...combining two households worth of food is not an easy task.

Neither is cooking for 7 (...8 or 9) when you aren't used to it, but I love to cook and I'm pretty darn good at it...or so they tell me in between bites. I strayed a bit from the menu plan and made Chicken Thighs with Angel Hair last night. It took a bit more prep than I'm used to for a weeknight but it was worth every minute. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures since we were all starving and anticipating my Strawberry Pretzel Surprise for dessert.

Tonight I planned on making a Ham and Potato cassarole but I think since it's their last official day of ownership, we might order pizza and go swimming at their soon-to-be-sold house one last time.

No comments: