Monday, June 9, 2008

New to Me Recipe - Ranch Dressing

When I got home I put together Pioneer Womans Ranch Dressing. I think it would have turned out better except for a chef's error.



Basic ingredients are mayo, sour cream, buttermilk (or milk), chives, garlic and parsley but I got all cute with it and added chervil. Big mistake...huge! (Like when that sales clerk wouldn't sell Julie Roberts any clothes in Pretty Woman. That huge.) SS and I thought it was too overwhelming for this recipe but S liked it and dumped a ton on his salad.





Verdict: Borderline okay (because of the chervil); try it but stay simple when adding ingredients.

While the dressing was blending together in the fridge I went ahead and prepped some chicken breasts that I got from Kroger on Saturday. Starting with a little over 4 pounds I made up a bag with Jerk marinade, one with italian dressing, a bag with three plain breasts so that I can throw them in the crockpot and I cooked the last 3
for shredded chicken dishes.


~S is now dipping his pepperoni rolls in the ranch and mumbling something about us being crazy~
I have an incredible view from my kitchen window and tonight while making dinner and prepping future dinners this is what I saw:




Sometimes I ♥ my life.

1 comment:

MT said...

Beautiful photo!

Thanks for participating in the $5.00 CVS challenge! And congrats on blogging!