Friday, June 12, 2009

Swapping & Other Randomness

hometown swap button


I jumped on board with Shannon's Hometown Swap as soon as she announced it. Only realizing later that I would have to think of interesting things to send my swap partner.

I live in a very tiny town, in a very rural county, next to a smaller-side city. Did you catch all that?

Thinking outside the box I did manage to fill my box and ship it off to my partner. As of today she still hasn't posted it, so I'm not going to ruin the surprise, but I cannot wait to see what she thinks.

I received my box on Wednesday from Lana in Texas.



Lana sent me three postcards showing the beautiful Texas scenery, a key chain, a magnet for my fridge, a spoon rest, playing cards and a large button proclaiming "Don't Mess With Texas". I'm contemplating changing it to "Don't Mess with ME" and wearing it around the house during Cherry Monkey time.

Thank you Lana & Shannon for an awesome swap!

Although I'm not officially declaring this a Blog Fart Friday because I wanted to give The Hometown Swap it's due, I am going to include some of my normal Friday randomness.

It just wouldn't be Friday without it...

- My dart team took a total butt whooping last night, losing 9 to 2 in our first summer league game. In our defense these guys were A & B league players, while we are C league all the way. I have to say that even though we lost (BIG!) we had an awesome time! We were at our home bar and the other team were some of the nicest people that we've played against.

-Sadly, S missed the first game because he was away on "business". That's in quotes because "business" meant going to Myrtle Beach, staying at the Hilton & partying till 2 in the morning with his clients.

-I've said it before and I'm saying it again - sweet tea is the nectar of the Gods. Seriously.

-Lula has been known to refer to her section of VA as Forks, as in The Twilight Forks, because of all the rain and foggy conditions. This week MY part of VA can also be declared very Forks-like. Minus the sexy vamps and werewolves. Unfortunately.

-Since TMM made mention of snakes in the toilet, I have to cut the light on when I go to the bathroom during the night. That makes for one tiring night when too much sweet tea is consumed.

-I'm looking forward to S's return today, weekend graduation parties & seeing my pal A's newborn son.

Have a great weekend ya'll!

16 comments:

Lula! said...

I TOLD you, girl...
FORKS.

We live in FORKS.

I know you live 2 hours away, give or take, but since we're in the general vicinity, and since we know the Cullens could cover the distance between us in 5 minutes flat, I'll claim that our area is one gigantic Forks.

Yes, minus the hot vamps and wolves. Dang.

Snakes in the toilet? How 'bout snakes on a plane? Seen that one? Ewwwwwwwww. We'll watch it in November. Or not.

Love your Texas swag...that spoon rest is rocking my world.

Shannon said...

Yep... your Texas loot is rockin'.

Thanks for participating in the swap... hope you had fun :)

And while Samuel L. Jackson is a badass, I'm not sure I wanna see "Snakes on a Plane"... {shudder} I don't like snakes!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so not watching "Snakes on a Plane" in November. No way. NO how.

I have tea all day long. Minus the sweet part. And it really does run through you :-)

The Royal Family said...

Cute swap! Fun stuff

Denise Grover Swank said...

Okay first of all, no way Lula-- I'll be hangin' with Kat when you all are watching Snakes on a Plane. I WILL be flying home! LOL

Second, I'll be sure to jump on Shannon's band wagon next time. That swap looks like fun. I always wanted to live in Texas. I have no idea why. Weird, huh? Just consider the source...

Third, the darts thing was rigged! You were set up by someone who was totally envious of you new captain status. It's SOOOO obvious.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ugh! Another blogger mentioning SNAKES!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your cool Texas stuff!

CaraBee said...

Oh girl, I am a confirmed sweet tea addict. I have a big ole glass of it now.

Honest to god, every time I go to the bathroom I look for snakes in the toilet. Since I was like 10. I have no idea why.

Totally Tolers said...

Followed you from SITS.
I'm a TX girl, so i loved your swap box. Have a good weekend.

Aleta said...

Cool Swap! I like that idea a lot. Is it still on? I could send a bunch of stuff from New Orleans. :-)

Ok, this made me laugh and not:

"cut the light on when I go to the bathroom "

Want another reason to turn the light on when you go to the toilet? At the office, I walked into the ladies room, turned on the light and looked, THANK GOD... because, as soon as I looked, I flew OUT of the bathroom, completely forgot about having the pee and walked over to my Dad (who is one of the owners of the company). I don't disturb Dad often, just not a good idea. We have our jobs to do and do it. Anyway, I said, "Dad - Dad - (tried to call him by his name once at work and got chewed out for that!) - umm, you need to come see something.." He grumbled about me calling him away from the computer. Then followed me into the lunch room and to the bathroom. He said, "WHAT?!" I replied, "Look -- in the ladies bathroom." He said, "What am I supposed to be looking at!" He was a grump that day, what can I say.... then he saw it.... it was... in the toilet..... looking UP at us and Dad said, "Is it ALIVE?" I answered, "I have NO idea, I didn't stay in there long enough to check." Dad flushed the toilet, but the...... are you ready for this... that huge, black R A T didn't flush down! It was dead, looked like it had tried to claw out of the toilet - looking UP and drowned... ACKKKKKKKK!!!!! I wouldn't use that toilet for the LONGEST of times! (shivers)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I was actually just thinking about swee tea today. And how I want some. Mmmm..I love Chick-fil-a's sweet tea. So good.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

That's a really cool swap idea.

You know I'm going to have to turn the light on in the bathroom now.

Gee.... thanks. Before I didn't even have to open my eyes!

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

Love your swap! I just stopped in to say hello because so many of the blogs I am on, you are on! so I just thought I'd say hi!

Candice said...

s-s-s-s-snnnakes in the freaking toilet????

Uh, it would be time for some Depends at that point.

YIKES!

Jennifer said...

I love the botton!
Jen

Eve said...

I got my package today - YAY!!

I can't express how excited I am over all my fabulous goodies!
Everything is just so fantastic - my new Harley mug will definitely be getting tons of use (don't tell the other coffee cups, but this one is my new favorite)!

It's obvious to me that your area is a paradise and I look forward to seeing it in person some day!

Thanks! - P.S. I'll be blogging my swap post in the next few minutes.