Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Cookout Conversations...

Whenever my family gets together we have a good time. I guarantee that during these get togethers you will hear some stories from the past & some good natured insults.

I'm constantly teasing and joking those I love. I practice daily on S & SS but it's always fun to share the "love" with my family during a large gathering. And of course they show the "love" back.

That's just how we roll.

You've already heard how my lil sis accused me of acting like a teenager** but I forgot to include the part where my middle sis said S was "a good man".

Most people would totally take that as a compliment.

I'm not most people though.

I found it to be incredibly funny.

It just sounded corny to me. Plus, she had some other further comments to go along with that assessment, such as she didn't know if I would be doing as well without him.

That part I should have been insulted by but we know the truth. And that is just like any good marriage/partnership/relationship it takes both people to make it work & to make it a success.

Everything that we've accomplished, we've done it together.

It might not always be 50/50, but on the days when I'm feeling like a 40, he's the 60 and vice-versa. It's a true PARTNERSHIP.

And while I laughed and made jokes about it, the truth is that S IS a good man and I'm glad that he's my man.

Guess she was right after all.



**Yesterday's post was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. The comment made by lil sis was after I told her that she had the mind of a 10 year old, and it was joke. I knew it was a joke & I took it as a joke. I was merely saying I can only be ME at any age.

13 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Teasing is all part of a healthy family - that may seem odd, but I think it is true. We all need to laugh at ourselves and who better to do it with than those you love most. I learned the hard way that my dh's family does not tease - I think it is sad.

April said...

Love the pic. SOOOO true about my family.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am glad you and your hubby make such a good team. Thanks for clarifying about your Lil Sis.

~Trish~ said...

We tease the ones we love :)

The Royal Family said...

Sounds like fun, my family gatherings are just like that, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

My husband and I seem to have the same sort of witty/joking-put-down banter as you and S.

May in-laws are the fudge with extra nuts!

Organic Meatbag said...

My family is a lot like fudge too...mostly sweet, but if you partake too long in it, you will eventually shit your pants...

Susie said...

You must be my long lost cousin! That's how we roll too:-)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha love that fudge sign. So true. I think I'm the nut in our family.

Jen said...

I love that quote! totally true!

~Katie said...

We could SOOOO be sista's!! And I LOVE that quote at the end... I think i might have to steal that!! You are a trip and everytime I read your blog and look at all the spraklies and purple and what not I think back to my college days and think I am tripping all over again... haha. Don't tell anyone I said that! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Well...........bottom line is that you still have a good man! And that rocks!!!

Not being understood by family members is not only common, but more like the rule!

Shannon said...

Honey... it was my family who inspired that quote! We're all a bunch of nuts.