Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jacked Up Mess & Caffiene Addiction

I apologize in advance for this rambling mess of a post...and promise to make it up to you tomorrow. (Hint! Hint!)

Yesterday we received some disappointing news from a family member. I'm not going to go into details at this time because I'm pretty upset about the entire situation. If I dived into it all, I would say some really mean things and I don't want to do that.

Instead I'd like to take some time to get past the emotional part of it, and see if we can make the best of a not-so-good situation. I know this is very cryptic...just know that everyone is in good health & details will be forthcoming once I'm "okay" with it.

It doesn't help my mood & mindset that I woke up to rain. For what seems like the 100th day in a row. When did VA become Seattle? Or Forks? Edward save me already!

And subconsciously I choose a gray shirt. ~sigh~ Honestly, I could have used a bright sunny day today of all days.

In other (much better) news, my swap package finally got to Eve! I'm so happy that she liked everything that I sent. It was a challenge to come up with interesting stuff that she could actually use from my hometown.

S said we should have sent her a Dr. Pepper because it's a known fact that we drink A LOT of it around these parts.

"The company sells more Dr Pepper in the Roanoke Valley than any other metropolitan area east of the Mississippi River, according to Dittrich. In the past, the city has been named the "Dr Pepper Capital of the World" and broke world records for its mass consumption of Dr Pepper in the late 1950s."

That may be but this type of morning calls for large amounts of spiked COFFEE. Maybe I'll hit the DP later on.

Anyway, I have a couple of surprises planned for tomorrow so I hope you will forgive me and find your way back then!

22 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sorry for the disappointment, I hope for some better times ahead for you and the family, weather too.

Candice said...

I hope tomorrow is a better and much brighter day for you.

Chin up!!

Roxane said...

Sorry for the disappointment you are experiencing. I have to say NJ weather is sucking the big one too. Believe it or not i'm wearing a grey Yagermeister T-shirt and a grey sweatshirt, I didn't realize it until I read your post.

April said...

So sorry for what is going on. I hope your day gets better.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Sorry about whatevr is going on with the family - family is the best thing ever, but they can make you suffer from time to time too. Oh, now I cannot wait for tomorrow - see you then :)

Amy said...

I hope whatever is bothering you works out in the long run.

I participated in 3 different swaps and none of them were very good successful for me, so I guess my swapping days are over. Maybe I should have played in the one you did and would have had better luck!

Jen said...

sorry about your bad news. but I am excited about whats up tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Hoping your day brightens up and tomorrow is better for you!

thatgirlblogs said...

sorry for the drama...

as for the coffee, my doctor wants me to give up caffeine but without my java I am falling asleep by 11am. Don't know it that's gonna happen.

See you tomorrow :)

Amy said...

I hope it stops raining and your part of the world becomes brighter. I too did the swap - so fun. I just wanted to let you know that I made your Apple Cider Cake - so yummy and it made my day! thanks for the recipe.

Denise Grover Swank said...

I'm sorry it's raining AGAIN. But I bet you have some REALLY green grass! Not helping?

As for your disappointment, I've been there, done that more than I ever care to do. Hang in there girlfriend.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Well, you sure have a great attitude about handling things and dealing with them in the best way possible. I hope all settles down soon.

I see the need for an ark or some other watercraft will be needed in your parts soon. You seem to live in a swamp land lately.

Hopefully... the sun will come out tomorrow!

(I know...so cheesy!)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Here, have a cookie ()

Kathy said...

I'm wearing a tangerine shirt, but it doesn't help a whole lot. I hope you can cope with your family situation & see bright sunshine tomorrow.
And I'm not just saying that because I'm heading in that general direction on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Surprises? I love surprises!

I'm sorry you're having a crap day.

Snowberry Creek said...

Sorry for your diappointing news. Sending some Arkansas sunshine your way...hoping you awake to a bright, shining sun tomorrow.

The Royal Family said...

sorry about the gloom!
Today I went shopping to perk myself up.. (bad OB appointment) and it was an hour south of here which is suppose to be hot and today it was gloomy and overcast... but I was HAPPY because I don't deal with heat too well with my belly and little miss A. I wish you could have had the sunshine!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Okay, I just checked out Eve's blog to see all the stuff you sent her. (Yes, it IS after midnight) Girl, you outdid yourself! How about a swap Apple butter for Crack Bars!

Unknown said...

I love Dr Pepper! It wakes me up at around 9am! lol prob not best to drink it that early on xoxox

mommakin said...

Ugh - family drama and rain. Work that Forks fantasy. One more service the Twilight books provide - a nice fantasy for a rainy day.

Tomorrow's gotta be better, right?

Lula! said...

Are you feeling better today? No more drama...I claim it for you!

And yes...
hi...
we live in FREAKIN' FORKS.

What in the world? I'm so over it.

Shannon said...

Bad news sucks.

So does rain (sometimes).

Hope today has been better!