Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homecoming Weekend...

It was a fabulous weekend. My friends from WV came in, we actually won a football game and it didn't rain on us too bad during the game.

Saturday was the homecoming dance. The kids got all gussied up and went to dinner before the dance. Trust me when I say you do not want to see them after. The guys come out sweaty and the girls have wilted curls and shoes in hand by the end of the night.

Thankfully, I have enough sense to snap a few pictures before...


SS & his girlfriend Mallory


The guys


The ladies


Couples


This was completely posed


My friend's daughter, A aka Lil' Miss Attitude


Finally they had enough of the paparazzi parents taking pictures


Didn't they look great?

It's something of a miracle to see Mallory in a dress. She's not a girly girl at all, which is okay by me. She loves to be outdoors, she never wears makeup and she carries a pocket knife.

I like that she's her own person. It's a rare thing to find in our high school.

But girlfriend does need to learn to sit in a dress.



We're working on it.

4 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I love that last picture. I keep telling my girls how to sit. They love to sprawl. Legs as wide as they can go. While my eyes bulge and I make faces at them to be more prim and proper. Deaf ears I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Love that she sits like one of the guys and looks oblivious as the picture is being taken.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing time was had by all!

Anonymous said...

sit in a dress, shmit in a dress