Sunday, September 7, 2008

Al Pacino, vampires & other mindless actions...

This week I've got to clean house, decide on food and games for the baby shower, find items for a yard sale, attend a booster meeting and a football game. It would have made more sense for me to get my hiney off the couch today, but I just couldn't do it.

I just love my hormones.


Instead I just vegged out in front of the tv with the Sunday paper. I love doing that, especially when I catch something good on.


HBO was the station of the day and when Scent of Woman came on, I realized that I had never seen it even though it was released 16 years ago. I guess I wasn't interested in this type of movie when I was 16 myself.

It was really good, but I'm a Pacino fan so I didn't expect anything less.

After that I didn't change the channel so I ended up watching The Wicker Man with Nicholas Cage. I've seen that before and I didn't like it much the first time but I was too lazy to get up and get the remote so I watched it again. Strange movie.

I tore myself away from the tube long enough to make dinner and then right back in time for the premiere of True Blood.

Not sure what to make of it yet. I love the scenes with Sookie and Bill, but the other scenes are odd. And the accents...I think some of the characters are trying a bit too hard to sound like they are from a podunk town in good ole' Louisana.

I reserve the right to form an actual opinion later in the season.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I *LOVED* True Blood! But I'm not exactly sure I should go admitting that publicly just yet. I haven't read the books, you see, and don't really know how true to the books the tv series is. Heh, people never get a southern accent right, unless they're from the south.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We disconnected our HBO a few months ago. I figured that I just need to be patient and get it all from netflix. And my whole reason for having it was Big Love. But this series really intrigues me. I need to read the books!

Insane Mama said...

I haven't read the books, but I should I loved the Twilight series. I don't have HBO, So i will have to rent True Blood

Lula! said...

You missed NOTHING on the VMAs. I DVRed True Blood and watched it today. So far I'm liking...but you are right about the accents--they're trying too hard. I think it's gonna be good--it just needs to get going a little. And I wasn't digging the graphic sex at all...I mean, leave a bit to the imagination, ya know?

I am loving Sookie & Bill, though...but then again, you know me and vampires. Sigh...