Instead of allowing this title to dictate my evening's to-do list tonight, I threw caution to the wind and went on my weekly excursions to CVS & Wags. Therefore this Tidy Tuesday we'll be talking about "cleaning up" at the drugstores.
Ya' know getting things for cheap.
If you haven't popped over to my other blog - Craving Savings - lately, you should because I'm on top of all the deals at CVS, Wags, Food Lion and Kroger.
Although I will admit Kroger has not been impressing me with their sale ads for two weeks running. Hello, Kroger - you really should step up your game.
As I was saying, I've been "cleaning up" at these stores for the past nine months and counting. My savings tally for 2009 so far is
They are ecstatic with the savings and seeing how all those little paper coupons can really add up when you take the time to redeem them.
So instead of cleaning my filthy house for this post, I sacrificed and went on another trip to CVS to show you how easy it is to do.
Tonight I got this AND 4- 12 packs of soda:
For only 98 CENTS. As in 98 pennies...as in not even a dollar...as in less than you would pay for ONE of those Vitamin Waters.
And if I can do it, YOU can do it. Here's the perfect scenario to start you out:
1. Buy 3 Kellogg's cereal for $10 (Sale price is $3/10 for select varieties)
2. Use 3 of the $1 off Kellogg's coupons found HERE.
3. Pay $7 + tax and receive $5 ECB's.
Bada Bing baby! Welcome to the game...the drugstore game.
If you really want to be adventurous and do TWO transactions I would say to start with the Adidas deodorant that is on sale for $3.99.
1. Pay for deodorant and receive $3.00 ECB's. (BTW, there was a $1 coupon for Adidas in the 4/5 inserts that you can use if you have it.)
2. Then use that $3 ECB to pay for part of the cereal.
3. You end up spending $8 out of pocket, but you have 3 boxes of cereal, deodorant AND $5 ECB's to show for it.
How ya' like me now?
Yep, I'm "cleaning up" and you can too!
Now that I've admitted I have an addition to a certain drugstore in my area, and that my house is filthy, feel free to leave me a comment about how great I am. No, really I won't mind. Then head over to Denise and Brandy's place to see what kind of "cleaning up" they are doing for Tidy Tuesday.