Friday, April 3, 2009

I made a boo-boo.

Yesterday I promised you guys an S post, complete with hundreds of F-bombs. That I now cannot deliver.

See S really did take the time to TYPE his own post this time and email it to me. At my home email from COMCAST - this is an important part I swear. Most, if not all of you know that I use GMAIL everyday so not thinking about it, I just assumed that the email would be on my COMCAST server and that I would be able to access it from work this morning.

I'm sure you've heard that saying about what assuming makes me?

An ass.

An ass without a post.

So I'm going to tell you the story in my words, and later tonight post S's version so that he can get proper credit for taking the time to write it. Besides I never post over the weekend so it will give you something to read.

On Tuesday night we went to bed and like most nights I sat up watching TV longer than S, so I didn't fall asleep until after 11:30. At 1 in the morning S's cell phone rings waking both of us up.

He checks the phone and says, "Oh it's the alarm company." and then puts the phone back on his nightstand and rolls over to go back to sleep.

Now you have to know that he gets these calls pretty frequently because one of the sensors at work goes off when it's windy, when it rains, when the sun is out, when it's night. I mean it just goes off for no reason so he doesn't worry too much about it.

His phone beeps indicating that they have left a message, but again neither of us care and are desperately trying to go back to sleep.

Then it rings again.

And again.

Finally S listens to the message and WHILE listening to the message the freakin' alarm company calls AGAIN. The lady says that this alarm shows "forced entry" and they have contacted the police so a card holder needs to meet them.

Crap. S gets up, gets dressed and leaves for the office. At this point I can only tell you my side of the story.

I laid back down trying even more desperately to go to sleep. I thought sleepy thoughts and tried to clear my mind. I changed positions and moved my pillows around. I covered my head and tried to relax.

Have you ever tried to relax after being woke up suddenly?

I ended up going downstairs, checking SITS and posting my blog. I surfed the net, checked email and just tried to be tired.

No go.

S gets back and just as he expected it was nothing. We lay down again. It's too quiet so we turn on the TV, but the first movie is too loud so S changes the channel. Then the next movie is loud so I yell at the TV.

And then I just surrendered, sat up in the bed and finished watching Ransom, while S snored the minutes away. I remember the clock hitting 4:30 so sometime after that I fell asleep, and woke up when the alarm went off at about 7:00.

I got ready, went to work all while my husband caught up on his beauty sleep. He ended up getting up around 9 and going into work late.

Now does this sound fair to you? It was HIS phone, HIS company and yet I got the least amount of sleep. Ever since then, it's been like I'm running on empty.

SOMEBODY owes me. Big time.


Christina said...

We had an alarm that did that where I used to work... Sucked!

I hate being woke up and not able to get back to sleep. Even more when Daddy lays beside me snoring. Then I just feel like smothering him with his own pillow. ;-)

That Girl said...

Sounds like the alarm at my work too. You should sleep until noon Saturday AND Sunday!

Denise said...

Ugh! Out of your entire story, I'm still stuck on the fact that you couldn't access your email. If you can't count on technology, what CAN you count on????

Did you say something else? Like about lack of sleep?

The Royal Family said...

sorry to hear it....... i'm sleepy too. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LiLu said...

B does the same goddamn thing. He can sleep through ANYTHING, while my mind runs a mile a minute and I lay awake thinking of everything I need to do until I finally give in and get up. Asshats!

Carrie said...

Ah yes, the alarm calls in the middle of the night.

I remember waking my 3 month old baby up, jamming her in her carseat, and hauling ass to the bank in the middle of the night to meet the police.

Awesome that I brought my tiny little baby to a situation that could have been dangerous.

I hope you've gotten a little more sleep after that!

I have trouble if I'm woke up in the first 30 minutes or so after I fall asleep. After that, I can usually fall asleep again pretty quickly.

Tammy Howard said...

Hope you catch tons of z's over the weekend!!!

Sweet dreams!

Xazmin said...

No fun...and no fair! I hope you have had a chance to get caught up on your sleep!!