Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth Week

Congrats Carey @ Life in the Carpool Lane!

Well unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Earth Day is this week. I say that because all the big names are now involved in celebrating Earth Day - everyone from Target to Clorox has gone green.

Which I love since it's my favorite color! Oh, and it helps to save our planet...or something like that.

While I might not be the world's expert on such things, I do know that Earth Day is on Wednesday this year but I will not be celebrating it.
Not because I don't support the effort (although couldn't we all do more?!) but it's my 12th anniversary and therefore trumps saving the planet.

At least in my world it does.

Thankfully they, whoever the heck "they" is, has designated it as Earth Week also, so I'm still in the allotted timeframe to give out this goodie...


See Target isn't the only one giving out stuff this week!

I saw this bag, loved it, had to have it and decided to share it. What that really means is that I bought two because there's no way in hell I'm giving you mine.
Green is my favorite color remember?!

To get your own, leave me a comment with your favorite GREEN tip for one entry. (This is required!) For a second entry, follow me and leave me a seperate comment to let me know you do!

This is going to be a quick giveaway, ending on Tuesday night @ 9:00 PM EST; winner to be announced on Wednesday morning whenever I get the post up. Hey it's my giveaway so I can do that! Then the winner has 24 hours to email me their information or I'm just keeping the bag.
For realz. I ♥ mine and two would be that much better.

What are you waiting for?! You know you want it!

*Forgot to add - if you don't have a blog, that's cool, but you have to leave your email. How else will I be able to get in touch with you??

Oh and I can totally verify if you are really a follower. See that thingee on my sidebar. Well if you aren't there, then you ain't following and you ain't getting a second entry. K?

28 comments:

Sandy said...

My tip: I love to craft with my kids, but it can be quite costly sometimes, not to mention wasteful. We use many recycled products to create art. Toilet paper tubes, egg cartons, empty bottles. You can make some pretty cool things with this stuff!

Donnetta said...

April 22 is my Pumpkin's birthday! :)

Green tip - I made cloth snack bags for my kids instead of using Ziploc bags. We use, rinse out and use again!!

Donnetta said...

Already a follower, chicka!

Denise Grover Swank said...

You want an environmental tip? Don't eat yellow snow. Oh wait, you wanted a GREEN tip and that one was yellow and white. Umm... We have lots of paper recycling dumpster/trash bins all around. We started putting all of our paper waste into a card board box and taking it to the bins once a week. It's amazing how much less trash we have! We used to fill up a large trash bin and overflow onto the curb. Now we completely fit in the trash bin. Well, not me. Not that I COULDN'T, I'm not THAT large, it's just that I don't want to, you know. It's yucky in there.

So that last tip wasn't the color green, but sometimes I throw green colored paper away!

Denise Grover Swank said...

I'm following the leader, the leader, I'm following the leader where ever she may go!

Nancy said...

Green tip: I always take cloth bags to the grocery store...just leave them in the trunk of my car.

Jules said...

I learned recently that it is GREEN to use the car wash and that you shouldn't do it yourself at home. Car washes recycle their water and I believe some cities require them to use green products. The city where I leave it considering banning folks from washing their cars in their driveways.

I probably shouldn't enter since I recently won a giveaway-but that's a cool bag.

Jules said...

And I'm a follower.

mommakin said...

Aw, I always keep a bunch of reusable bags in my car and one in my purse. But Nancy said that - does it still count?

I want to add this bag to my collection - it's a cute one!!!

Oh! I know a little one - but little things add up - I stopped asking for a receipt at the ATM when I take out my weekly allowance. It is the same amount that I take out at the same time each week, so I don't need the paper trail.

mommakin said...

And I'm a follower!

Nancy said...

I'm a follower.

Angie H. said...

I buy green products, conserve water by making sure washer is full and dishwasher before using and I re-use zip lock bags.:)

Angie H. said...

Signed up & now I am a follower...

Angie H. said...

forgot to leave my email since I don't have a blog yet..
angieaccoun@aol.com

Angie's Spot said...

My green tip is using the energy saving lightbulbs that use a fraction of the wattage that a normal bulb does. Plus, they last way longer! And if you purchase the ones with a warranty on the box and they don't last as long as they should, return them to Lowe's or Home Depot and get new ones for free. Seriously!

Angie's Spot said...

And I'm a follower. :-)

The Royal Family said...

I LOVE THAT BAG!
my tip is to turn the TV off when no one is watching it. That drives me crazy'!!

The Royal Family said...

I AM A FOLLOWER

Suzanne said...

My green tip is the Brita Water Filter. I LOVE mine. Love it. It makes it so I don't have 50 bazillion water bottle hogging up my recycling bins.

Suzanne said...

You better welcome me, I am a follower!!! =)

Shannon said...

I've started using reuseable grocery bags... and I even remember to bring them into the store with me when I do my grocery shopping!

Shannon said...

And I follow...

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Cute bag!

Green tip: Compost, baby! Instead of throwing your food scraps in the trash and thereby a landfill, make compost with them!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

I'm following. And yes you can even check on the thingee on your sidebar!

Lula! said...

You are so darn WITTY in this post, Brandy. Not that you're not always witty, mind you...but you're just really on your game with this one.

A green tip...
Um...
We use those whatever-you-call-them lightbulbs-that are funky shaped, cost more, but are supposedly saving energy so that I can feel less guilty about using my laptop and iPod all the time.

Woooooooooooooo!
p.s. Your anniversary trumps Earth Day for me. Seriously.

CMC said...

Okay, kind of silly, but my green tip is this: I use plastic water or soda bottles as toys for my furkids. I put a handful of kibble in them, put the caps on, throw them down and let the kids have at 'em! It keeps them busy until they get all the kibble out, and then I put the mangled remains of the bottles in the recycle bin.

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

oooo...pick me, pick me.

We recycle. Including all our cardboard. Use those lightbulbs. And try to remember our reusable grocery bags. I got about 20 for Michael for Christmas. And now that I am grocery shopping...and he has short term memory issues...we are not doing so well at remembering. But that bag is uber cool.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh...and I am a follower.

Why does that send me to singing "where you lead...I will follow..."

I am slightly wacked tonight!