Wednesday, February 4, 2009

...Not Going Softly...

It started with one or two and then much like Gremlins when they are wet, they multiplied. For some mysterious reason they took up residence right in the front of my hair. It's pretty obvious (to me at least) whenever I pull my hair back that I have gray hair.

I have colored my hair every few months just to cover the gray, choosing to use a semi-permanent color close to my natural shade because I wasn't trying to rock the boat, just get rid of the Gray Gremlins.

The combination of the GG's, the fact that I will be 33 next month (THIRTY THREE people...I was just 24 yesterday right?!?!) and the winter blahs compelled me to take a more aggressive approach to these pesky intruders.

Let me demonstrate. I started with this:




Do you see it? The gray streak right in front?

Well I decided to fight fire with fire. I laughed in their face when I did this.



I took those ugly, aging grays and made them lighter, blonder with a bit more edge.

I might have to grow old but I don't have to go softly.

20 comments:

Mary Lutz said...

I totally understand!!! I am 44 and right now I am having to wear my hair up all the time because my GG's are at the part and I don't have the extra fundage to have it colored right now. I'd do it myself, but I really love my hair girl and she can put multi colors in it where I can only do one. So...I just wanted you to know, I'm with ya! Aren't I 20??? When did I get to be 44????

Samey said...

OHHH so that's what you meant!

It looks good, different because you haven't colored your hair in like 15 years or something, but doesn't look bad.

Streaks? Chunks? Or just the one stripe?

Jayme said...

very lovely! I'm diggin' it :)

Jennifer said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

I likey the new look!! and I love that you call them GG's... I know my day is coming soon with getting them, and HONESTLY I'm going to be totally FREAKED out!!

you are handeling this very well!! and you are looking cute while doing so!!


xoxoxo hugs!!

Jen said...

Just keep coloring and then you won't know if there are any grays there or not. That is what I do.

~ A fellow welcome wagon SITSta saying hello.

Judah said...

hello SITSA!! your blog cracks me up, love it!!!

Princess Abigail said...

What a brilliant idea!

I'm off to die my wrinkles blonde too!

Great thinking Bat Woman!!!!

Alison

The Royal Family said...

oooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I like. what is SITS? you gots lots of friends!

Lori said...

Thanks for the warm welcome to SITS...

I understand i've been doing the dying thing for years... You got to hate the gray..

Anonymous said...

The blonde has a bit of an edge and looks nice.

Carrie said...

Weeeeeeet-weeeuuuuuuuu!! Sexy Mama! That last picture is like "ROWR!!"

betty-NZ said...

Clever! And the GG's look great!

April said...

Hell, I'm 27 and I have to cover greys. What's up with that?!
I think it looks great.

The Four Week Vegan said...

You rocked it! I think it looks really good.

Candice said...

Hawt!! Love it :)

Angie's Spot said...

You go girl! I'm going to have to take some serious measures soon to combat the invading grays. That is after I figure out how to get rid of the blonde that I bestowed myself with last November. LOL!

said...

Ooh Brandy, it's so pretty!

I got my first gray strand of hair at 24 and now I have too many to count. I recently re-colored it after my own mother said to me, "Gee you sure have a lot of gray hair!"

The Rambler said...

LOVE the hair. Turned 33 a couple of months ago...I hear you and what's up with grey hair? I thought it started when we were in our 50's?!?

Fellow wagonista and wanted to stop and say hello!

Shannon said...

Way to show those GGs who's boss!

Looks great!

DiPaola Momma said...

ooohh hottie mommie! Stopping by to give ya Welcomista wub and thank you for BzzAgentRoyality's blog.. she is my long lost sister:P

clicking away too