Thursday, January 20, 2011

Have a Craptastic Day!

Yesterday I woke with high hopes even tweeting "Happy hump day!". I was cheerful as I kissed S goodbye and as I sang along with the radio. Positive thoughts equal positive results right?!

Bullshit.

Upon setting foot in the office my day went to crap. It was a steady flow of problems from start to finish. After one fire was put out another exploded and landed in my lap. Eventually everything was resolved (sorta) but my positive thoughts & good mood had already gone away.

Reflecting back I now realize I set myself up for failure. Thinking it would be a GREAT day. That meant anything less than GREAT would be a sad disappointment. Twisting around in my head I've come up with a solution using reverse psychology.

This new thinking will solve my dilemma. My expectations will be so low even the slightest good thing will be an improvement. An "okay" day will turn into an exceptional day.

"Have a CRAPTASTIC day!" I say to one & all!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

There must just be some bad karma in the air, cause my yesterday sucked rocks.

Have a crappy!!!

Liz Mays said...

That new philosophy is bound to work!

Veronica said...

My Wed. blew the big one.

Hope your craptastic attitude does the trick!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

So sorry your day went to crap. I do like you new motto though - and at the end of the day, when it turns out to be a wonderful day, you can smile and get ready for the new day.

Shelley said...

Brandy,
I'm sorry you had a horrible day. I hope that tomorrow will be better.

CaraBee said...

It was a full moon! I had a perfectly shit day too and at the end I looked at the calendar and realized what day it was. I generally don't get sucked into that hokem but too many people had a bad day too. Next full moon I'm locking myself in a room and not coming out until the next day.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

So I'm wondering if the craptastic strategy works? I might have to try that one day.