Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cheating again...

Yesterday was one of those days.

I took my 4 & 3/4 year old nephew to the doctor. To get shots.

It was torturous. He got 3 shots in one arm and 2 in the other all while screaming bloody murder, kicking me and trying his darnedest to escape. I literally had to restrain him.

Then after that torment they wanted him to pee in a cup. I convinced him to do it by promising no more shots.

Why did they make me a liar? We took the urine sample to the lab only to have the lab tech stick the poor kid and draw blood. It was awful.

I was gone from work for about 4 hours so I had a ton of stuff to do and ended up working late, just making it to my hair appointment on time, therefore making me late for a booster meeting and missing S's tattoo appointment all together. Poor baby he had to go all alone!

We rushed through the meeting and I finally got dinner together at 9:00 BUT we had two guys there replacing our heat pump that didn't get done until 1:30 this morning.

Yes among all the other madness in my life we had to replace our f'in heat pump. And yet here I am...tired, overworked and with lighter pockets. Life is good.

Especially when you get an award like this.



Tattooed Minivan Mom bestowed it on me a couple days ago and I'm still giddy with delight. And since I've finished my morning coffee, I should have enough caffeine in my system to make my brain function enough to answer the accompanying questions.

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood?
Not unless you count my sisters.

2. What do you value most about your friends?
Honesty, loyalty and there overall undying love for me - I'm joking. Sorta.

3. Are your friends sounding boards?
Oh yeah. S gets the bulk of it, but we definitely use each other to get our frustrations out.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with friends?
Talking, shopping, just being together

I'm passing along the friendship love to

-Kim - We both love rock music and bad tv. Nuff said.

-Angie - I'm new to Angie's blog but I love her Monday posts. They are smoking hot. Plus, she loved all my favorite things for this swap.

-Kat - Not only is her blog smart, funny and well written but the lady behind the blog has got to be the most compassionate person ever. If you know her, you know why.

And since I can't leave you all hanging, here is a preview of S's new tattoo.



This is only the outline. He goes back in 3 weeks for the color and they are already talking about doing the whole back so who knows where this is headed.

Happy hump day ya'll!

7 comments:

Lump said...

oooh I do not envy you. Kids and shots all in one day?!

that is a great tat! :)

~Trish~ said...

Holy wow...that is an awesome tat!! What colors are going to be used to fill it in??

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Awww...thank you so very much for the kind words...and the award. Love it!

What a day you had yesterday. I hate when doctors make a liar out of you. We've had annual visits where they said "next year, no more shots." Only to have the next year, they add a new shot.

And what was the inspiration behind the tattoo?

Preston said...

My ex has a tattoo of Cher covering his whole back. He was a Cher fanatic with a total of 6 Cher related tattoos. And the gals at SITS call me a BITS. Not quite sure I feel about that but at least I'm the ONLY BITS!

Angie's Spot said...

OMG, thank you so much!!! I've not seen this award. And this is just in time for the mega award thanks post that I have in queue for this weekend.

And that tat is fierce. I SOooooo want a tat, but hubby says no way. I should've bit the bullet when I graduated high school and just done it. Then he couldn't say a word. Someday!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was a small part of brightening your crappy day a little bit...you must be planning on lightening your pockets a whole lot more to do the whole back huh?

Lula! said...

Just reading about your busy self has made me tired. I need to take a nap now.

You do, too. With my warmest regards! Wooooooooooooooooo!